So for this week’s Friday Mashup I chose to make a thank you card because I am so very thankful to have each of these people in my life and cannot imagine how I would have gotten through the past few months without them!!! Usually I mash it up and rock out both parts of the Challenge but I wanted to make this card rather than a Christmas Card this week so here you go... J
- Make a project featuring "A Christmas Theme".
- Or Make a project using the colors "Aqua, Chocolate and White".
- Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Christmas themed project using the colors Aqua, Chocolate and White".
Tiny Tips:Criss Cross Card
· Two 4 1/4" x 11" pieces of cardstock for your card base (used tempting turquoise)
· One 4" x 5" piece of patterned paper (used Berry Blossom DSP)
· One 3 3/4" x 5 1/4" piece of cardstock for insert (used Chocolate Chip)
· One 3 1/2" x 4 3/4" piece of neutral cardstock for insert (used Whisper White)
· One 1 1/2" x 12" piece of cardstock for card band (used Whisper White)
Step One: Score both 4 1/4" x 11" pieces of cardstock at 5 1/2".
Step Two: Take one scored piece and cut it diagonally from center top to the bottom left.
Step Three: Take the other piece of scored cardstock and cut it diagonally from the center top to the bottom right.
Step Four: Add adhesive to the rectangle back of one of the cardstock pieces.
Step Five: Tape both pieces together. Make sure both long edges of the diagonal sections are on the bottom.
Step Six: Cut the patterned paper in half diagonally.
Step Seven: Adhere it to your card front.
Step Eight: Add Sticky Strip on the bottom of the middle panel, as well as on the bottom of the triangle flap that will be on top of the card. Tape the card base together and set aside. (I chose to skip this step and just adhered the insert into the actual card rather than have it slide in and out, so when you take the band off the card flaps open up on either side!)
Step Nine: Take both pieces of cardstock for the insert and use the corner rounder on the top corners.
Step Ten: Tape together.
Step Eleven: Stamp and add tab and other embellishments as needed.
Step Twelve: Take the 1 1/2" x 12" piece of cardstock and score at 5 5/8" and 11 1/4".
Step Thirteen: Add Sticky Strip™ to the end of the strip with the small 3/4" scored section. Tape the band together.
Step Fourteen: Decorate the card band.
Step Fifteen: Slide your band over your card. Your card is finished!
For an excellent tutorial with pictures step by step head over to http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/criss_cross_card/.
Thanks for stopping by!