Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Chocolate Elegance

Happy Thursday readers! The weekend is almost here and we are going to have 3 full days of sun (according to the weather station) so let’s hope it happens because I have loads of laundry to do J Also this weekend I have been invited to run a workshop hosted by my lovely sister in law. The timing could not be better Stampin’ UP! just announced their newest promotion, hostesses can earn an extra $45 in additional Stampin' Up! products when they host a $450 workshop (along with the $70 awarded at that level this means $115 in FREE PRODUCT!!!) between November 1st and December 15th. If you would like to host a workshop and take advantage of this offer please feel free to contact me as I do have spots remaining for this time frame!

This week’s Pals Paper Arts Challenge is a colour challenge. We were asked to use Early Espresso, Soft Suede and River Rock. Hmmmm is anyone else thinking chocolate J I had thought about using “Eat Chocolate” but I try as much as I can to stay with current product and so I chose to go with the more vintage look of “Established Elegance” which I just received last week. I also decided to try out a new technique the “Brick Wall” with the collage that I stamped. Hope you like what I have come up with!

My Challenge:

My Card:



Tiny Tips:
For the “Brick Wall” technique I followed along with the tutorial given by Birgit Edblom at Split Coast Stampers. I did however add my own little touch! After I had each brick piece cut out I sponged each edge with Soft Suede to give more defined edges before placing it on my card stock to mount.


Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! This looks like a store window! Love this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job! The sponging adds so much! The bow and pearls on the dress form are the perfect touches! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That brick wall technique is really neat! And I love the way you added the taffeta ribbon to the manequin! Thanks for joining us at Pals Paper Arts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous. Sponging the edges on the brick wall really makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete