I realized today that not only do I have one fabulous stamping friend having a birthday this month I have THREE!!! So that means birthday cards are in my crafting future. This one will be making its way to a very special gal on the East Coast.
I am always looking to try new techniques (split coast stampers have fabulous tutorials on their website) and so I decided to give the “cracked glass” effect a shot this afternoon. I was very happy with the results and hope you all enjoy it too.
Cracked Glass Technique...
· Stamp image
· Rub versa mark ink pad over the entire image to be embossed
· Apply first layer of clear embossing powder
· Heat with heat tool
· Apply at least 2-3 more layers of clear embossing powder (to add your subsequent layers you may apply powder when project is still heated or wait for it to dry and then apply another layer of versa mark ink)
· After all layers have been completed put project in freezer for a few moments to ensure it is cooled
· Bend paper until it forms cracks in many different spots
· Use a sponge and dark ink colour and rub over entire embossed surface to accentuate the cracks
· Use a tissue to rub off access ink from embossed surface.
Thanks for stopping by!