Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Just Add Cake!

Yahoo! Our son slept in today 1 ½ hours later than usual and we didn’t wake up to snow. It has been a fabulous start to the day. It is still rainy and cold this morning so that means a movie morning for us. After we had some yummy sweet potato pancakes & banana for breakfast I set him up in my craft room with his movie and a snack and I got to work on my Paper Players Challenge for the week.

We were given a fabulous sketch and I thought it would be a great opportunity to highlight one of my favourite designer series paper with the Herringbone technique. It has been quite a while since I used this technique but it is such a fabulous way to display many sheets of dsp on the same project.

My Challenge:

My Card:

Herringbone Technique Tutorial over at Split Coast Stampers!!!


Thanks for stoppin’ by!

4 comments:

  1. What a bright and cheery card Hayley, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it Hayley! The strips are awesome and so trendy right now. I love seeing all the different patterns together...Thank you for playing with my sketch at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! And those sweet potato pancakes sound very interesting! Thanks so much for playing with the Paper Players sketch this week! Thanks so much for playing with the Paper Players sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Hayley, love the cool background you created, I need to that! Thanks for the inspiration! Thanks for joining us at Paper Players this week!!

    ReplyDelete