I was pretty excited about this week’s Friday Mashup Challenge. As you can imagine I am so in the baby card making mood lately so when I saw that was an option I was all over it. We were asked to make a special fold card and to use elements from the tic tac toe board for the theme of our card. I chose the Side Step Card (instructions below) and the Line which included: Baby Theme, Ribbons & Brights!
Make a project using " a Special Fold".
Or Make a project using the " Tic Tac Toe Board".
Or "Mash it Up" and create a " Special Fold card using Tic Tac Toe".
Side Step Card - Create a card that has step folds on one side.
You will need:
· One 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of cardstock
· Scoring tool
· Paper cutter
· Additional cardstock and embellishments to decorate the card
1. Step 1 - Line up the short side of the cardstock at 3" in a paper cutter. Start at 1" and cut all the way to 6 1/2".
2. Step 2 - Score the 2 1/2" wide section of the card at 4 1/4".
3. Step 3 - Score the 3" wide section at 1", 2", 3 1/4", 4 1/2" and 6 1/2".
4. Step 4 - Fold the score line at 4 1/4" down.
5. Step 5 - Fold the first score line on the right hand side of the card down (mountain fold). Fold the second fold up (valley fold).
6. Step 6 - Continue to fold the score lines mountain valley style.
7. Step 7 - Fold the last score line down to finish the card base.
8. Step 8 - Finish the card by decorating the long side as well as the steps.
For the full tutorial including fabulous pictures and card design ideas go visit Beate Janes at Splitcoast Stampers! http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/sidestepcard/
Thanks for stoppin’ by!