Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

It's a BOY or GIRL? :)

So I have been trying to come up with a simple card design for baby announcements when our baby is born this fall. I wanted them to be homemade but didn't want them to be complicated as I will have quite a few to make and who knows if this baby will like sleep or not? :)

We do not know if we are having a boy or a girl but this week's Friday Mashup challenge was to create a masculine card with this sketch and so here it is! I used the colours from The Play Date Cafe challenge which fit perfectly!!!

My Challenge(s):


My Card:

The only thing I think I may do differently on our baby announcements is to add a piece of 1/8" taffeta ribbon to the left panel of this card with a cheater bow to the left hand side :)

Thanks for stoppin' by!

9 comments:

  1. Adorable card Hayley, and definitely a good one for mass production!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet baby card! Love the footprints! Great use of the colors this week! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the colors...I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/05/52-card-pickup-week-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hayley, that would make such a cute birthday announcement!! Are you tempting fate a bit, though? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ladies :) Actually Tara I have a feeling we are having a girl this time but you never know hehehe We are so very happy and cannot wait to welcome whomever is growing away in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the simplicity, such a cute card :) I didn't even know you had that stamp set. Thanks for playing with us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet, little, boy creation! LOVE those feet! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, Hayley! I haven't even thought about birth announcements and I'm 5 weeks away from needing them. I need to knock out my thank you cards first. Yikes! I think this design would be easy to reproduce...if the baby sleeps of course. :) Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, I love this! That mini set is so perfect... I wish it had come out when I was expecting. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete