Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

It's a BOY or GIRL? :)

So I have been trying to come up with a simple card design for baby announcements when our baby is born this fall. I wanted them to be homemade but didn't want them to be complicated as I will have quite a few to make and who knows if this baby will like sleep or not? :)

We do not know if we are having a boy or a girl but this week's Friday Mashup challenge was to create a masculine card with this sketch and so here it is! I used the colours from The Play Date Cafe challenge which fit perfectly!!!

My Challenge(s):


My Card:

The only thing I think I may do differently on our baby announcements is to add a piece of 1/8" taffeta ribbon to the left panel of this card with a cheater bow to the left hand side :)

Thanks for stoppin' by!

8 comments:

  1. Adorable card Hayley, and definitely a good one for mass production!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet baby card! Love the footprints! Great use of the colors this week! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hayley, that would make such a cute birthday announcement!! Are you tempting fate a bit, though? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies :) Actually Tara I have a feeling we are having a girl this time but you never know hehehe We are so very happy and cannot wait to welcome whomever is growing away in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the simplicity, such a cute card :) I didn't even know you had that stamp set. Thanks for playing with us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet, little, boy creation! LOVE those feet! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, Hayley! I haven't even thought about birth announcements and I'm 5 weeks away from needing them. I need to knock out my thank you cards first. Yikes! I think this design would be easy to reproduce...if the baby sleeps of course. :) Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, I love this! That mini set is so perfect... I wish it had come out when I was expecting. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete