Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Trying Something FRESH!

Hope you are all having a spoooktacular Halloween Weekend! We have been to a few kids’ parties and got to show off our little dinosaur J His costume was a hit he absolutely LOVES it. I have a feeling he will be playing dress up well after the 31st.

So I have decided to try something new this week and take part in the Freshly Made (http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com/) sketch challenge.

I was very lucky to recruit three new ladies this month with the fabulous promotion Stampin’ UP! offered (A FREE BIG SHOT or $125.00 IN PRODUCT – still time left offer good until October 31st). I thought it appropriate to make a “welcome” card for each of the lovely ladies in a style which I thought best suited them. This is the first card I came up with for my first new recruit.

My Challenge:


My Card:


Tiny Tips:
I love using the seam binding ribbon that Stampin’ UP! sell but the one thing I find tricky from time to time is how easily it frays. This time I decided to use that to my advantage and add it as an element on my card. I rolled adhesive on the back side of the ribbon starting at the point where I wanted the fray to end and then pulled on one piece of thread to give it that wispy look.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Love the fringed ribbon and you did a beautiful job stamping on the DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ... what a great card Hayley ... I love stamped image on the background paper and your floral image is so pretty, but the winner for me is that gorgeous seam binding ribbon with the frayed edges ... just beautiful!!
    Thank you for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Hayley! I like your frayed ribbon. I never thought to stamp on that ribbon either! Thanks for the tip and thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the frayed ribbon ends and the combination of colors! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card! I love that stamp and this card is so elegant! Glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    Jen Timko

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Hayley! Love the swirl coloured...nice colours too. Thanks for playing with Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete